Monday, February 17, 2014

OOTDs: Hummingbirds and Hearts.

Hey, all!  Happy Monday!

Before I start, just wanted to remind all you Boden fans out there that the clearance "up to 80% off" deal is apparently ending tonight.  Just what they are going to do with the clearance items after tonight is anyone's guess, but just in case they take it all away *or* they raise the prices back up, you may want to take a look around just in case.  I wrote more about the sale here at this post.



Day: Sunday, February 16, 2014.

Where: Rex's birthday party and Church.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  The Heritage Sweater ( here in the clearance sale, numbers are very low, though) is awesome and very cozy and warm, and I am glad I found an occasion to wear the cute sneakers from Boden again (running around at Laser Tag), but I am still a bit iffy on whether or not I like the fit of the pants or the jacket.  I mean technically both fit, but I could use a touch more room on both pieces for comfort.  I think these last *freaking* five pounds of baby weight I have to lose will help the situation, but till I wean, no dice.

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  Hmm.  A bit of a weird combo, though my hubby just LOVED it, so I am going with the halfway point, a 2.5.

Anecdote from the Day:  Laser Tag is what Rex chose for his 7th birthday party.  A lot of his friends had been choosing this for their parties, and he wouldn't even consider other options.  So there you go...laser tag.  I had done laser tag years ago with some kids from the middle school I had taught at, so I remembered to wear appropriate footwear, even if I really would have preferred a cute wedge.  :-)  I turn into some kind of gun-toting FBI agent at these places, though.  I sneak behind corners, watch covertly, and attack when the other team's players aren't looking.  I am normally so nice, too.  I ended up in third place for our team.  Guess who was first?  Yeah, Rex.  I know.  (Eeep.)  Our team was slaughtered by the other team (all adults not at a birthday party).  Guess you can't count on a bunch of first-graders to attack.  LOL.  Unless they are all Rex. 

Last night I was tucking him into bed and he was gently holding his baby doll (yeah, he has one that he asked for) and I was struck by his very different personalities, all aggressive in one moment, and all gentle and sweet in another.  Maybe he will be a cop when he gets older, protecting all the innocents while going after the bad guys.  Hmmm.



Day: Saturday, February 15, 2014.

Where: IHOP in celebration of *finally* being able to leave the house.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This outfit is so comfortable.  Both the top and skirt are now a bit loose so they were perfect for the gorge-fest I engaged in at IHOP.

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  I think the "Heart Throb" dress made from the skirt/top (seen here at J. Crew back in the day) is cute, not cool, but cute.  I like the *dress* paired with the Target wedge shoes, but I think a different pair of shoes would have worked better with the darling Halston Heritage coat.  Next time I will grab a pair of shoes that are tan or navy to better anchor this look.

Anecdote from the Day:  Before we left and while taking the photos, Angus snuck in and photo-bombed that last photo you see there.  I had no idea he was standing there.  Ha.  I decided to include it even though I am in a silly pose and I clearly had not properly tucked in my blouse.  He looks so cute there...

We had been stuck in the house on both Thursday and Friday because of the storm, so Mr. Dina insisted we go out for dinner to celebrate our now cleared driveway.  I had no opportunity to wear my Valentine's look (yeah I know it's derivative--and I am so fine with that), so I wore it to IHOP.  I ate the chicken fried steak dinner with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a salad (Angus had the bread that came with it), and for dessert I enjoyed a peach and cream cheese crepe.  Oh it was all so very good.  I know it's just IHOP, but yum. 

If you want free shipping on the Boden clearance sale, you can use this coupon below, but be aware that if you are not a new customer, the bag won't be coming your way. My sidebar coupons, btw, have stopped working, which is annoying. If you have a need for anything not in clearance and need the discount, use the code Z4W8 for the "Buy Three, Get the Fourth Item for $1." I suspect I will get a new batch of sidebar coupons soon, just not in the affiliate directory right now. :)