Sunday, January 12, 2014

OOTDs: A Weekend's Worth.



Day: Sunday, January 12, 2014.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear) The dress was made by me for me (see this post on the process and more views), so it is very comfortable for me to wear.  I took a point off because the dress sleeves didn't comfortably fit in the cardigan sleeve, but that wasn't hard to fix, I just had to fiddle with them a bit, and I *hate* fiddling.

The Boden Suede wedges are comfortable, too, am pretty excited to receive the Mid-Heel Wedge in navy so I have another pair of easy wearing heels to tromp around in.  The Suede Wedge in Pewter is pretty similar to these that I am wearing, a bit lighter in color, but same height, etc., and it has the bonus of being in the clearance section right now, too.  :-)

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) I am not knocking my outfit, but yeah, not super cool.  It's for church, and I wore a cardigan buttoned up so I would have a fairly modest outfit for mass.  (I had to, check out the back view of the dress had I not worn the cardigan.  No one at church wants to see me in that, trust me.)

Anecdote from the Day:  No big adventure, but I met a nice girl who is single and all manner of things adorable, and of course, I immediately went into my spiel about my nice, sweet, handsome, very Catholic brother.  LOL.

I also met a lady who has been going to my church for 60 years!  60!  I have been there for 28, which I know isn't a ton, but it is definitely longer than 85% of the people there have been there.  I have a feeling I will be doing things like her when I am in my elder age...talking with younger moms about my experiences with my three little ones.  I kind of look forward to that.  So wonderful that I could share a few moments of my day with her.





Day: Saturday, January 11, 2014.

Where: Birthday party for one of our family friends.

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear) Nothing was super uncomfortable enough to ding the outfit two whole points, BUT enough little things bugged me to ding it two points overall.

1. It was raining a lot.  There was even thunder.  Rain makes things harder.

2. I went to a birthday party with my two youngest, and because my youngest refuses to wear shoes, I have to cart his bottom in my arms when it is raining so he doesn't get his feet completely wet.  That means I get hot and bothered FAST.

3. The darn second button on the back of this adorable Lace-Trim Swiss-Dot Top kept coming undone, because the length of the hole is just a bit too big for the button.  It kept popping out, which led me to constantly asking my friend to redo it for me.  Blegh.

4. I know this isn't really a comfort thing, but the necklace I planned originally to wear with it just looked wrong, so I switched to a wool/cotton challis infinity scarf that I had sewn up yesterday morning.  I am glad it looked decent with the top, since my brain didn't want to have to bother with a third option.  LOL. 

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) For all my issues with it, I dig it, and think it looks pretty good, as long as we forget that I tried the blue Stella & Dot necklace with it first.

Anecdote from the Day:  The party was held at the same place where my kids went to preschool.  It was nice to go back.  Even though I am always in that neighborhood, I just don't get over to the center very often.  They had completely redone the soft play room with snazzy new toys.  The kids were over the moon about the party.

Back view of the top.  I was *this* close to buying the size Petite 6 instead of the regular 4, and seeing the back of this makes me think my instinct was probably spot on...I will keep this one, but for future reference, I will store that bit of data and just trust my instincts. 

See that second button there, btw, cheekily starting to pop out.  Yeah...





Day: Friday, January 10, 2014.

Where: Dinner at El Paso Cafe to see my Grandpa (he is in from Poland for a few weeks).

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear) I purposely chose a more fitted outfit so I wouldn't overeat at El Paso, which is SHOCKINGLY easy to do there.  Gawd, that food is so freaking good.

Anyhow, all the pieces fit, but I know that my comfort level in the Boden Bistro wool crop go way down if I eat too much, so there you go.  :-) 

I still ate way too much, hence the 3 stars.  Ah, well.  It was worth it.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) I like the curvier, edgier look I had that night, which for me is a rare occurrence.  I would rather be pretty and polished (like the church outfit) most of the time, and find my comfort level is highest in dresses, cardigan, skirts, tights, and low heels, but I have to try other things, and that is why I appreciate this blog so much.  In the (nearly--eep) five years I have been publishing posts here, I have really pushed my own preppy, perfectionist ways, allowing myself to be a bit more "whatever."  This look seems a bit girl band rock prep.  Yeah, girl band rock prep.  I like that. 

Anecdote from the Day:  Angus's look is because he just wasn't having the Mariachi band that was playing that night.  They were loud, very good, and not exactly Angus's cup of tea.  Poor fellas were trying so hard, too, they even played La Cucaracha for him, really putting the show on, and he barely managed a smile.  Boo, Tiny, Boo!  CW and I applauded big time to make up for Angus's surliness.

Okay, that's it for tonight.  Have fun the rest of your late Sunday evening!