Wednesday, May 1, 2013

OOTD/Review: Notched. Dotted. Reminded.

Day: Sunday, April 14, 2013.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  The dress is very pretty and very comfortable, but it took me a bit to get used to the gaping at the neck (my number one fit issue, btw).  I was *this* close to returning the dress for a size smaller, but in the end, the size I chose felt fine and while a bit loose in the bodice isn't anything that I can't fix here at home on my sewing machine.

It was also fairly warm that day and the linen/cotton blend was exactly right for the temperature.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)   Just a pretty dress worn to church with cute open-toe heels, a white clutch, and white dangly earrings, so not the coolest, more classic and appropriate.

Anecdote from the day:  Well, church is church.  It means I stay at church with the two oldest while Mr. Dina goes and wrangles Angus outside since Angus is now the age where he literally (not even joking here) moves 99.8% of the time.  It's a bit tiring.

On the plus side, Mr. Dina talked to our favorite priest outside and told him that he wanted to convert to Catholicism.  The priest thought he was already Catholic and had just missed his Confirmation, which is why he doesn't get Communion with the rest of us.  :)  Mr. Dina let him know that, "nope, I am the full deal--converting from Southern Baptist, thank you very much."  The priest gave me a smile when I went up for Communion, and here I was thinking it was because he was proud of me wrangling the two oldest up for Communion without any mishaps.  Instead, he was just giving our family the big high five for fully converting our holdout.  LOL.  
 
Notch Neck Shift.  I bought this in a size 8 long.  Like I mentioned above, the bodice is really loose, especially through the shoulders and neckline.  You can even see it gaping a tiny bit in the photo above (if you can tear your eyes away from the darling Angus, of course).

The skirt portion fits really well, though, and since I am a pear shape, and that is unlikely to change, I am glad my positively plump posterior fits so well in this dress.

Side View.  The tie belt is a bit of a bummer, but it did the job well enough, I suppose.  I can see swapping it out for a navy belt, I just don't know how it would look under the belt loops.

Angus, btw, is wearing the Twin Pack Rompers.  I have been buying him these for the past few seasons.  This is the version from the spring, and we also have the version from summer (which is SO precious!).  He is wearing the 12-18 months and they fit him fine.  He just turned one, but he is B-I-G so I would say that the rompers run true to size.

Back View.  (Of both of us!)  You can really see how big the bodice is here, in fact not only is the bodice too big, it is also too long for me.  My back length (neck to waist) is a mere 15 inches, so I recognize I am on the smaller end of women regarding this length, so I just have to deal.  Love the skirt length, though!

Notch  Neck Shift
Notch Neck Shift.  The dress is selling well, but only a few sizes are completely sold out.  One of the designs is even part of the mid-season sale (the striped one), but the polka dot is not.

Alrighty, that's it.  :)

BTW, the "reminded" portion of my post's title is so I can remind you that both Boden and Lands' End are finishing up their big sales tonight.   I never ended up doing a picks post for Lands' End, but I did do a picks post for Boden, which is right here.

Below are the links for both sales, so you can easily access them. 


Lands' End 40% off Reg

You all have a great night!