Thursday, May 2, 2013

Boden: High Summer 2013 is Here!

Woah.  I had seen on FB two days ago that Boden was going to introduce a "high summer" line, but I wasn't sure when it was going to drop.  I almost thought there might be a preview and a quick turnaround, or that the line would drop completely sometime later this month.  Nope.  They dropped it today, a Thursday.  Huh.

Johnnie and co. are pretty good at surprises, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by their surprise, but still, doesn't it seem a bit random?

There has never (at least not since I have been shopping Boden) a high summer line.  It was always a big rollout (with a preview) for spring and fall, and then a smaller rollout (also with a preview) for summer and winter.  This new line didn't even have a preview!

So which do you prefer?  More smaller lines throughout the year with no preview or four big rollouts with previews?  I personally LOVE the previews, so if those go bye-bye, I will be really sad, but Boden really was the only company doing it, so I guess I can see why they would want to be like everyone else, especially since they seem to want to be more like the American companies.  I mean J. Crew, Anthropologie, Loft, etc., have many rollouts through the year and don't suffer by not having a preview, but I think that is why so many of us loved Boden, just different enough.  :)

Anyhow, I clearly have had zero time to look at the new arrivals, but I did see a few very lovely items for sale.  I will do a picks post soon, hopefully within the next week.

For now, take a look at these lovelies: Brompton Dress (not with my hips, but so pretty), Portofino Dress (love the side detailing), Stripy Maxi (ooh, so perfectly preppy), Mosaic Flower Skirt (reminds me of the old "fun" skirts), and the Gathered Detail Tunic (hey, tunics are back, woo!).

Do you see any must haves?  Any "what in the world were they thinking?"  Do tell!

Below is the current coupon running in the sidebar.  It should help at least a little bit!