Thursday, February 28, 2013

OOTDs: Lots of Pants. Lots of Tops. Part Two.

Part One is here.  :)



Day: Thursday, February 14, 2013.

Where: Bowling and Preschool Run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) The stretchy Lands' End pants are awesome for bowling and life as a SAHM.  They are definitely boring, but they work with almost anything since they are black and since they are a nice shape for my body type.

The only issue I had was that the heart tippi sweater began pilling, which is really annoying and surprising, since this is an all merino wool sweater, and it is usually J. Crew's cashmere that pills.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I think the outfit looks really good in the first photo (with the white coat and bright pink scarf).  Otherwise it is just a bit *yawn*, and honestly, a bit expected since the heart sweater was worn on Valentine's Day.  ;)

Anecdote from the day:  Angus's little girlfriend was at bowling.  He loves J!  Unfortunately, it was Angus's last chance with her, since she was only being babysat by her grandma for a little bit (basically November through February).  I noticed that the week after this that Angus was a bit temperamental, which I blame on the absence of J.

We did not celebrate Valentine's Day, and we still haven't.  I suspect Mr. Dina will take me out for Valentine's Day sometime in April.  Sigh. 


Day: Sunday, February 17, 2013.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  These pants are my "fat day" dressy pants.  I bought them a size up from my normal size and I love that I can be comfortable but still be presentable in a pair of pants that are not jeans, leggings, or stretchy Lands' End pants (lol).

And let me give a huge shoutout to the Boden Effortless Suede Boots.  I feel like I pull them out at least once a week, they go with nearly everything, have a bit of a heel for a lift, and are well made enough to be sturdy and comfortable.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I sort of wish the wool capris were not capris.  I feel like if the pants went to the top of the boots, the outfit overall would look cooler.  I tried to make the outfit look a bit better by adding the textured socks, but didn't make it look as awesome as I hoped it would be.

Anecdote from the day:  Mr. Dina is obsessed with Vietnamese pork sandwiches.  We have now visited Banh Mi DC sandwich shop three or four times, with most of those times having us facing a "closed" sign.  When that happens Mr. Dina is audibly and visibly irritated.  Fortunately for us, it was open that night after church, and Mr. Dina was definitely audibly and visibly excited.  For what it's worth, the pork sandwiches are really good.  ;)


Day: Monday, February 18, 2013.

Where: Pick up Rex from School.  That's it.

Ease of Wear: (5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) I am wearing a Johnnie b. T-shirt, a Cashmere Wrap Cardigan, a pair of soft leggings, and a pair of Sheepskin Lined Boots.  I felt comfortable, cozy, and very warm.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  It is a very blah outfit, but considering how blah it is, the addition of Monsieur Pigeon, the wedge boots, and the color combo of chartreuse and grey helped a bit.

Anecdote from the day:  It was cold.  It was a boring day at home.  I went one place all day.  There are no anecdotes.  ;)


Day: Tuesday, February 19, 2013.

Where: Preschool Run and Little Gym.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) It was wonderfully comfortable, but just like in part one of this post series, I should really not wear the 7FAM jeans to Angus's little gym class.  I guess I am not learning my lesson, am I?  ;)  At least the Le Minor tee was long enough to cover up my lower back, so there's that. 

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I really like this outfit.  I think it is a 4 since I feel less SAHM cool and more plain ole cool.  But it's all subjective, of course.

Anecdote from the day:  People really liked my mushroom necklace because it rings like a bell.  The biggest fan of the mushroom necklace is Angus.  Surprised?  



Day: Thursday, February 21, 2013.

Where: Bowling and Preschool Run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This felt great on, and even the button up stayed tucked in properly, which I always seem to have problems with.  The stadium cloth elements coat has come out a lot this winter.  It has so many great things going for it, the color, the thick fabric, the multiple ways of doing up the closures, and the hood.

The Toni tassel loafers were also wonderful.  I wasn't sure if I should get them, even though I could grab them for $30 at the F Street store in DC, but in the end, I know how much I wear my all leather shoes from Boden, so I figured $30 for a really nice looking and practical pair of shoes was a smart choice. 

The Costco merino wool sweater was another insane deal, the end cost was $10.  I have seen nary a pill and I have worn it a couple of times already this season.  (Cough, cough, J. *pill-crazy* Crew.)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I like the combo of colors and textures.  I also think the bag from Pure Collection is really on trend, while still being very classic.  The outfit is very nice, but not especially cool, though.

Anecdote from the day:  Horrible Bowling Day.  Oh man.  I blame Angus's anguish over losing his special little girlfriend, J.  (See the Valentine's Day outfit for more on that..) 



Day: Monday, February 25, 2013.

Where: Dinner at our fave Ethiopian restaurant, Meaza.

Ease of Wear: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I felt kind of uncomfortable in the cord bootcuts.  I ended up undoing the closure, fastening it with a rubberband, and covering it with the sequined belt.  I know I should have just worn a different pair of pants, but in the end, I really ended up liking the whole look, and the rubberband trick made the pants fit so much better.  Plus the belt helped keep the Frances cami tucked in properly.

(In my defense, I wore this outfit the day I got a visit from Aunt Flo.  Darn her!  I haven't seen her in so very very long.  No wonder the darn pants didn't fit properly.)

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I think this outfit looks really good.  I love how the color of the Phillip Lim bag popped off the background of aqua and grey.  I definitely looked better than I felt, though.  Ha.

Anecdote from the day:  Read the itty-bitty sentence in the "Ease of Wear" section, that should give you a clue as to how I felt that day.

However, eating at Meaza made up for the special issues I was experiencing.  Gaw, injera and really spicy vegetarian food can make any ill mood of mine go away.  I heart you, Meaza.

Aqua, Grey, and Itty Bitty Hearts.

Above is the polyvore of the last outfit.  :)

Okay, hopefully everyone is having a happy Thursday!  Talk soon!