Saturday, September 22, 2012

OOTDs: Dot. Dot. Dot.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

We are getting geared up for the most fantastical, over the top, princessy, bday party ever this afternoon.  Four-year old girls are so lucky, eh?  :)  CW turned four on Tuesday, and we have been preparing for this soiree for over two weeks now.  The anticipation is nearly doing her in, btw.  LOL.

Okay, since I have a brief moment, I thought I would do an easy post, one that is tied together by the polka-dotted pattern in the garments worn. 

This Boden dress is so OLD!  I have had it since 2006, maybe?  It may have been 2007, right after Rex was born, but I do know it has the old tags that only have the British sizing (this is a UK 12L, or US 8L).

The last time I wore it for you all, it was styled very differently.  I far prefer this styling, more modern and sleek.  I guess my style has definitely grown since the beginnings of this her blog, huh?

I wore this to church and then out to lunch with the family.  Very comfortable and kept me cool (it was hot out).

This was worn a night that just my bro and I got to hang out.  We were headed to our favorite Wednesday "let's get over the hump of the week" event, Winesday at Whole Foods.  Since I didn't have Angus with me, I didn't have to wear a nursing-friendly dress, and this frock seemed to be calling out to me to wear it at least once more before summer ends.  (I last wore it here.)

There is a whole lot of orange, but I liked the combo of the Regatta Dress and the Marci sandals.

The necklace has two photos of Rex as a little baby, and upon examining them, there seems to be a LOT of resemblance between Angus and him.  :)

Dot. Dot. Dot.


Polyvore of this outfit is above. 

After wearing this outfit to Rex's meet the teacher night, I decided AG Stevies were pretty darn awesome. 

The next day, I went to the Anthro website and saw that they had the blue dotted version on sale, in my size (last one!), so I grabbed it and didn't look back.  And like I thought, I love them just as much as I love the peach ones from the meet the teacher night.  Very soft, very comfortable, and surprisingly easier to style than I expected them to be. 

In the end, this outfit is a bit 80s flashy, but I enjoyed wearing it, and was more than appropriate for the errands/kid pick up I did that day.

Like my hair?  I think I was channeling my inner Patrick Nagel here.  Doesn't it remind you of his muse?  LOL.  ;)

Okay, that's all.  Have a fabulous Saturday.