Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boden Weekly Review Roundup: A Belated Boden Birthday.

Before we begin, let us all head over to Boden's facebook page and give this company that we love here over at My Superfluities a big fat belated Happy Birthday!  They turned 21 years old yesterday, which means they can legally drink here in the United States (emphasis on "legally," we all know what college is like).

I was able to get over there yesterday and write some love on their wall, but I spent the rest of the day moving from 9 am until 9 pm.  (What is going to happen when all three of these darling rugrats of mine are in grammar school?  Will I ever be able to sit and just do stuff ever again?  LOL.)

So here we are, a bit late to the party, but I have a feeling ole Johnnie won't mind the delay.

Because after all he is the same fella in the above picture (I assume that's him!).  Does that seem to be the sort of fella who would mind?  ;)

Okay, onto the work of the roundup.  I have just discovered that the coupon on my site now gives 15% off with free ship and returns, so yay for that!  I have included a link down at the bottom of this post for all of you on a mobile site.

Regular Boden:
Crinkle Jersey Shirt
Crinkle Jersey Shirt.  I wore the red/navy floral version to a baseball game with the kids on Sunday last.  I did a quickie review of it here.  I would like to get more photos of it, but that is unlikely for at least a few weeks, but when I do, I will certainly do a more thorough review at that point.  It is a really lovely shirt that definitely justifies all the love given to it (I was always mystified by why it sold out every season, I get it now).

Clearance Boden:
Iris Dress.  If you all have "liked" my facebook page (there are 50 of you all!) or even just visited it, you have seen this photo and the first one of the Broderie Scallop Dress already.

Anyhow, I purchased this in a size 6 after consulting the garment measurements, and once again, they were spot on...had I bought an 8, I would have been swimming in the dress. 

(So pear shapes, rejoice, another perfect dress for our "small on top," "big on bottom" frames.)\

From the side.  I like how it gave me a bit of a boost up top as well.  It is a bit low cut, so I need to wear a lower-cut bra or sew a few stitches to sew it up, but it really isn't that big of a deal either way.  I definitely didn't feel indecent.

They called this a midi-length dress, but on me it is just below the knee, so bear that in mind if you are taller with longer legs, it is unlikely to reach midi-length in that case.

From the back.  The print is super lovely and the same as on the beaded embellished tunic worn by Monica in this review roundup.

The pleating detail in the back is fab, really highlights most women's thinnest part, the bit right below the bustline.  Very flattering.

Iris Dress
Iris Dress.  Both colors are on sale for a really good price ($70 versus $230), I am glad I went with this purple shade as I have very little in my closet this color...however, I really love the pinky-rose color, so either way, I would have loved this dress.

Broderie Scallop Dress.  This is a size 8 and while the bust is a bit loose, the rest of it fits so well, I don't mind that after I am done nursing I will likely have to take it in.

The all cotton shift dress has design features that really work well with a curvier body type.  The larger broderie on top draws the eyes upwards, and with a v-neck further enhances the shoulders and neck.  The ribbon detail waistline is a great way to break up the silhouette, and again (like in the iris dress) is placed exactly right where most women are thinnest.  The smallest broderie is in the skirt which reads almost as solid from far away.  The scalloped medium-sized broderie at the bottom is nice in that it shows off the lower legs, which again, for most women is a place they would like to show off.

The fit is close, but not constricting.  I felt very comfortable and think that this could easily be worn out and about and not just for special occasions.

From the back.  You can clearly see where it is a bit too loose on me, but that is no biggie, and again, if I lose anymore weight (usually happens when my little ones wean from breastfeeding exclusively), I can just take it in a bit here and a bit there.

The color is so beautiful, a mid-rose red.  It is just slightly warm, with a hint of deep pink.

Broderie Scallop Dress
Broderie Scallop Dress.  There is a navy version, and that one only pops back every once in awhile.  I prefer the brighter version, but if the darker one is for you, may the force be with you and may it return.  ;)  Even on sale, this is pricey, so only consider getting if you have a need for a dress like this OR if it is something that you know will stay in your closet for the long run.

Ripple Top
Ripple Top.  Leave it to Egyptomaniac to find a shirt in clearance that no one has even noticed and then wear it and then because she wore it has likely prompted the item to sell out.  :)  

Skinny Jeans
Skinny Jeans.  Poppy's Style recovered from her amazing night out with Duran Duran (OMG!) by wearing the quail egg version of these out and about.  You can see them (and highlights from the concert) in the last photo here at this post.  :)

Alrighty, that's it.  :)  If you have a review for me that I have forgotten, would you mind putting it in the comments or e-mailing me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com?  Thank you!

Here is the link I mentioned above for mobile users so they can receive 15% off with free ship and returns: