Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Introducing Gus...

He was early. (4 whole days before his scheduled c-section and 8 whole days before his "due" date.)  His birthday?  March 25, 2012. 

I did end up laboring! And I made it to the hospital with *just* enough time to spare. The c-section we had was neither scheduled or an emergency...it just fell somewhere in between.

His real name is Angus, which is way more popular of a name for boys and men in Scotland, Canada, England, Ireland, and Australia. In the US, Angus is beef, and real "manly" beef. :)

The nice doctor who gave me my anesthesia told me that this is not only the year of the dragon in Chinese astrology, but also the year of the black dragon, which is auspicious if you have a boy, as they will be especially manly. Guess he suits his real name, then. (Oh, and at 9 pounds, 3 ounces he showed us who is boss in the weight department besting Rex by 1 pound and CW by 2 pounds. Rex WAS 4 weeks early, but imagine if those two had been twins, ouch!)

I did end up having some complications, but I will get into that at a later time. That said, these people know my messed up delivery history and were very. well. prepared. for whatever my body decided to throw at them this time.

And now for some photos of his first and second day of life!

Rex and CW have been so excited to meet him that when the time actually came, I seriously felt like they thought of Gus as a rock star...and they acted like his groupies.

Rex held him and then CW.  Supervised of course.  Well, not by me.  I can barely move--THANKS MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY

Grandma and Grandpa were over the moon, too!  BTW, best babysitting grandparents in Virginia, just so you all know.  And I am surely not biased or anything.  ;)

He has blonde hair and really blue eyes.  He looks exactly like CW sometimes and exactly like Rex at others.  And then sometimes he will look exactly like both of them AT the SAME time.

He is at that age where he just likes to sleep.  (On my belly, of course, but every once in a while on an actual baby bed.)

He may have left the big baby belly I had for all these months, but that doesn't mean he has to leave the general vicinity.  If he had his druthers, he would be in this position all. the. time.

(Which I don't mind.  Might be super warm, but oh, so freaking cuddly!)

That's it for today and likely a little while.

Those Boden fans out there who know that for the past two Tuesdays I have published a post on the "Week's Temptation" will have to use my link in the sidebar to get to it today or visit last week's post for more information about this kind of sale in general.  I have a feeling all the Boden fans who come here and visit will understand my priorities over the next few days to a week or so (depending on recovery, etc.).  (Of course you would.  Imagine the person who doesn't understand.  LOL.)

You all have a WONDERFUL day.  I certainly plan to.  :)