Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Royal Paisley OOTD.

Okay, yay! I am at part three of my three part review series. :) Yesterday I published reviews of the Hacking Jacket in Herringbone and the Winsome Dress in Blurry Rose.

Today I am focused on two items that are definitely available, so if you like them, they are available right now for an additional 25% off. (Again, this is how I got these pieces last time, during the 25% off all inclusive promo they were offering last month.)

Skirt: No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Royal Paisley.  I have the one in orange and blue from this summer, and decided I loved that one enough to give this one a shot...but with one caveat, if the skirts were too similar in fabric and look, I would return this one.  Turns out they are different enough, obviously in coloring (this one reminds me of Mardi Gras), and in fabric.  This fabric is like a very heavy and soft cotton sateen, whereas the one from this summer was almost a textured cotton.  It is sort of funny that they issued the cotton sateen one in fall and the textured cotton in summer, especially in these colorways.  I think they should have issued this one during the summer and the summer one now, but since it wasn't my decision, there you go.

I am wearing the size 8.  Technically I could have gone with the 6, especially since the 8's waist is pretty loose, but honestly either way I am happy, it isn't exactly falling off of me in the 8.  But...if you have a smaller hip line compared to your waist, definitely size down. 

Top: Vintage Cotton Ballet Tee in fiesta purple.  I have items that can match the skirt, but this tee was so pretty and interesting looking, I took a chance on it.  WAY back in the 90s I owned a sweater from J. Crew in this color and I have very fond memories of wearing it, so I also was being a bit sentimental.  :)  This is the extra small, which is more than fine, loose enough to give the "relaxed" look, but not too loose.  It is really short, but since I am short torsoed, it hits at my high hip perfectly.  If you have a long torso, you may be out of luck, as I don't know that sizing up will help.

The jacket is from Anthropologie (Herringbone Sweater Jacket), the shoes are old school J. Crew (Alessia patent peep toe heels in spearmint--matches the spearmint in the skirt exactly), and the necklace is J. Crew (Knotted Mesh Necklace).

This shot gives you a better view of the top and jacket.

We went to our favorite gorge-o-fest place, aka Texas de Brazil.  I wore the skirt on purpose as a way to remind me to not go overboard.  I didn't, btw, stuck with the filet mignons and limited myself to one fried banana.  :)

Royal Paisley OOTD.

Above is the polyvore.

So many people have done reviews of this skirt.  (As was the case with the winsome dress and the hacking jacket...great reviews!)  If you have a review of any of the three items, would you mind dropping your review link in the comments of the appropriate review?  Much thanks!!!