Friday, August 13, 2010

Oroya is a genus of cacti (family Cactaceae), originating from Peru...

Note: Title comes directly from Wikipedia. LOL.


Above is the polyvore of the outfit I wore a couple of weeks ago to host my very first Arbonne party as a active consultant. Woo. Loved this Oroya Dress the very first time I saw it on the cover of the March Anthropologie catalog, but not at its original price. When its price was halved in July (?), I went for it.

The makeup and skincare products in the polyvore are accurate to what I wore that day. I have some photos of me (just my face) that I am going to publish at some point so I can do a tutorial post on how I make up my face when I go out or have a special occasion (most days I just wear moisturizer, a bit of lip gloss, and maybe some powder).


Sizes:
Dress:
Size 4. Can I (once again) sing the praises of the Anthro web site and its willingness to allow reviews? Without them I would have not known to size down to a 4 as many reviewers were saying how billowy the bottom half was. I usually have to worry about my hips in dresses, but because of the swingy shape to this skirt, I knew I could go with my top size and be fine. And what do you know? The reviewers were right. SWAK to you, Anthro!
Shoes: Size 9.5. Cole Haan, I don't know what I would do without your amazing high heels. The olive green color was also perfection with the pattern (of cacti!!!) on this dress.

I don't think this photo accurately shows the makeup I am wearing, so wait till my post on makeup to see the end result. More than likely the brightness of the room made the makeup look a bit faded. It was much more dramatic than it appears in the photo.

I felt great that day. The party was a HUGE success. Most of my Arbonne business is over the internet with people I have only met through e-mails, so seeing my clients was kind of a thrill. It was a spa party and I really enjoyed helping my clients de-stress and feel good about themselves. (P.S. If you are a local reader and want to set up a party, I will help you out, just e-mail me!)

That is all for today! Happy Friday!