Monday, November 9, 2009

New Blog Venture...


If you like me, you can have me...


I now have four blogs. One is this one, duh. :) The other three are...Mid-Century Mom (still in the production phase, it is coming, I promise), Only For Polyvore, Peeps (simply a photo storage place for items to be used in Polyvore), and the newest, Cash from My Closet.

I now make almost NO money because I decided to be a stay-at-home mom. Yeah, the very little bit of substituting I do helps a tiny-eensy, weensy bit, but come on, let's get real.

Because I don't like buying my husband's presents with HIS money, I had to figure something out. (Oh, and does it seem fair to buy J. Crew and Boden clothing with his money--kind of--I do take care of our kids as my job--but really, I have to at least throw him a bone that I can buy some stuff with my own money...)

He also pointed out to me that I have a ton of clothes, all in great condition, that I just don't wear anymore. Sometimes I don't wear them because they don't fit. Sometimes I don't wear them because they fit but fit me oddly. And sometimes, I just bought something and then discovered (well after the return period is up) the item doesn't work for me at this point in my life. So his reasoning was sound...let someone else enjoy something that you aren't. BINGO. So that is what Cash from My Closet is for...to let others enjoy something I am not. :)

So, head on over to the newest blog if you are:
1) Between a size 6 and a 12.
2) A lover of Vera Bradley.
3) A kind person who wants to buy my stuff because you want be all good Samaritan like, even if you don't wear these sizes or love Vera Bradley.
or
4) You like looking at pictures of things people sell.

Have a great day, all. I might be able to get one more post done today. We'll see!

9 comments:

Jayna Wallace said...

That is a GREAT idea! We're kind of in a similar situation as well (okay, not exactly...my husband returned to school this year so it's my income that's going straight into the communal pot these days...which leaves very little leftover for gifts) -- I was thinking of selling off a bunch (more like a ton) of unworn J.Crew stuff to get cash for Christmas. Creating a separate blog for that purpose is an AWESOME idea! I can't wait to check it out. Good thinkin'! :)

amy kelinda said...

Great idea! I wish you the best of luck with your closet sale! :D

GingerSnap said...

I think your closet sale is a great idea and I think you will definitely get a good reponse! I have seen several other bloggers do this too - I think it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sale!

Cloggsy said...

As a lady in size 8-10, I say: "oooohhhhhh"!!!

(the word verification I had to type was: fatrobs. DONT even get me started!!!)

DS said...

I think this is a great idea and I'm excited to be able to see what clothes you're selling. I keep thinking that I should do the same with my clothes (what a great way to clean out my closet and make some extra money!)

(but, can I just say that if you're no longer working *full-time* to be a stay-at-home mom/raise your child *full-time* the money your husband makes shouldn't be considered exclusively his?)

A Bigger Closet said...

Dina this is a terrific idea to start the new blog for your closet sale. I hope you get a great response!

Anonymous said...

DS--
I agree with your parting comment but I have found most men (esp. given the longer a woman stays home) feel that the money is "theirs".

dinagideon said...

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your patience...I am normally late in responding to folks, but this time I was sick...so I know you all will forgive me!

RatsOnParade: I cannot get over how much stuff I just didn't return, or bought off ebay that I couldn't return, and then didn't wear. I am so glad, in some small way, that we have way less money this year...I now am very precise in spending money only on things that I absolutely love, which means, oddly, that I am buying more stuff at full-price. Let us know when you sell your stuff!

Amy Kelinda: I thank you for all of your well-wishes. I have now made one sale (woo-hoo). Maybe more will come into next week???

GingerSnap: Yes, gigiofca got this ball started and I am grateful she took the plunge. I think before I would have thought, "oh, no one is interested." And yet, they are!

Summer: Thanks!!!

Rosa: You know I need the luck, so thank you!

Cloggsy: If you start up a closet sale site, you bet my bottom that I will be looking over there, too. :)

DS: You are so sweet! And I really appreciate your comments about how hard I work. You know it! My hubby does give me a "limit" each day, which I am okay about (have had some struggles...but am still getting used to the budget), but I feel like at this age, I have had my "own" money for so long, that I feel like an appendage is missing now that I am no longer pulling in much money of my own. It has made me more creative in finding funding sources, though. ;)

P.S. Maybe my hubby will read your comment and up the "budget." LOL.

A Bigger Closet: Thank you so much, sweety!

Anon at 8:23 am: Oh, you wouldn't believe how many back and forths me and Mr. Dina have had over what you said. It seems to be resolving, but Mr. Dina is fairly enlightened when it comes to men. I have seen FAR worse. It is sad, for sure.