Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Boden Hotchpotch Dress Love!

I have some sort of cold or virus. Yuck. It is so bad that Mr. Dina was willing to take Rex to preschool and take care of CW this morning.

I am feeling *slightly* better...less aches, etc., but you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as Rex goes down for his afternoon nap, I will be in my lovely bed taking another nap, too. My cold may make me all flushed looking and my hair is a fright, but at least I don't have any under-eye bags from not getting enough sleep. :)

This is an outfit I wore subbing two or three weeks ago. Boden does Hotchpotch prints every season, and it basically means that they take two discordant prints in a similar fabric and mesh them together in one seamless outfit. I have seen them take more than two print to make a hotchpotch item, but I tend to only buy the ones in two prints...the visual overload of three or more is a bit jarring.

Another thing about their hotchpotch items is that the prints are either in complementary colors (like yellow with purple or orange with blue) or they are in similar color schemes (which is what this hotchpotch dress is in--navy, green, and ivory).


Items in this set:
Bodenusa.com dress, $138
Cole Haan shoes, $150


As you can see from the polyvore, the main print is a navy, green, and ivory ivy print which is enhanced (in my opinion) with a bib and shoulder and elbow fabric of navy and white small floral print.

The shoes are my beloved navy patent Cole-Haans. I love you, Cole-Haan patent pumps, and once momma starts to feel better will definitely show you off again...promise. :)


Here is the dress on me. I bought a 12 regular (which is an 8 regular here). I usually buy regulars in the dresses from Boden because I prefer the top half stay shorter and the length is usually fine. However, that said, I could have gone with a 10 long, but such is life. And now I believe all sizes are getting close to being sold out or are on a very long backorder. If your size is available, I say go for it. Here is the link to this dress on-line (I don't think the polyvore link is working).

Also, all but one of my items are still available for sale over at Cash from my Closet (the citron felted wool skirt has a potential buyer). :)

Have a great day, all!

13 comments:

Erin said...

And Boden's offering 20% off with Free Shipping & Returns now through Thursday. Check your email or I will be happy to forward the email I received along!

Erin said...

Commenting again to subscribe. Sorry!

amy kelinda said...

Aww, you look so adorable! I'm glad you're feeling a little better, even if you were under the weather this morning. I hope that cold virus leaves you soon so you can go back to being Super Mom and Super Sub! The dress is super cute, and I LOVE your pumps!

L said...

love the dress! i wondered what "hopscotch" meant, thanks!

A Bigger Closet said...

You looked lovely in that dress Dina. I love the colors and print on this one. And I didn't know what hopscotch meant either! :)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100% I hope you're feeling better very soon.

AppGal said...

Aww...feel better soon, Dina! Thank goodness you have such a loving husband to take care of you :)

Dress looks great. I love Boden...

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, good thing Mr Dina is helping out with the kids and taking care of you. Watch some Oprah and Dr Phil. I always do when I am sick!

Cloggsy said...

You look darling in that dress and hello- skinny legs!!

Cleo said...

I love the outfit. So fun, Dina.

Emily said...

So sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather:( I love the hotchpotch dress on you!

Moda said...

I love your dress today!
Hope you feel better Dina

dinagideon said...

Hi, all, I am so much better today (I even got two post written and published in less than an hour). Thank you for all your well wishes. I was out of it for a straight two days, but sleep really did make a HUGE difference. Well, sleep and nyquil. But really, what doesn't nyquil solve???

Erin: If you would be so kind as to e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com, I would be very appreciative. That is a pretty good discount!!! THANK YOU!

Amy Kelinda: I felt like super mom and super sub in this outfit...I like that!!!

L: Hotchpotch was a headscratcher for me, as well, for the longest time!!!

A Bigger Closet: Didn't this print turn out lovely? It is not too overdone, which is why I like it...I need to enjoy prints (part of who I am) but even I can see how it can be overdone sometimes! :)

AppGal: You should look into seeing if you can get this one, as well. It was SUPER-comfortable for subbing in...

Rosa: I watched Dr. Oz. Does that count??? ;)

Cloggsy: You have made my day with the skinny legs compliment. I have always had "curvy" legs, so this makes me smile!!! YAY!

Cleo26: It is fun, huh??? If these came in smaller sizes, I would tell both you and Rosa to get one, too!

Emily: Thanks for your thoughts...they worked!

The Outfit of the Day: I had a feeling you would like this one...I think you have a taste for the whimsy!!! :)

HeidiG said...

Love love love this dress on you - totally fab!!!!